Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Course in Miracles takes no prisoners

This beautifully awesome summery of ACIM was Posted on the The Disappearance of the Universe Yahoo Forum by "Alan Dolit" (thanks Alan).

I recently came across the following, although it was written by a
Course student many years ago.

The first moment I opened A Course in Miracles, I was drawn by its
flawless beauty and poetry and heart, but stung fast by its
insistence on hard work. A Course in Miracles is an elegant spiritual
discipline both user-friendly and palpably practical, which focuses
on our true identity, true silence, and true forgiveness. In the
process of teaching those lessons ACIM demands something we may not
want to give: a stunningly high level of devotion. In short, A Course
in Miracles takes no prisoners. You either get down to learning the
wide, wordless beauty of Love and the inescapable naughtiness of the
ego, or you stay trapped in the back of the class with other ACIM
students who try to evade the nature of our Real Identity, and the
nature of Real Love. Let me tell you: many's the day I have spent in
the back of the class wanting to toss A Course of Miracles into the
trash. But, you see, I didn't. Or maybe I should say it another way:
It didn't let me. Of course, mistakes are permitted when you study
the deep, rich pages of A Course in Miracles, Permitted. :) They are
profoundly expected The silent angel author of ACIM tells us our
entire identity is a mistake and that our world is a dream. It
follows, then, that all thoughts relating to our sly, temporal
identity are mistakes by default. And our task, as fumbling initiates
of A Course in Miracles is to learn how to See behind the dream; to
learn how to Hear the still, small voice of God humming like faint
strains of Bach in the depths of our Real Heart. That's the
assignment in a nutshell. A Course in Miracles urges us to learn to
listen to the sweet, divine music within daily, hourly, minutely,
secondly as we breathe, as we move, as we walk, as we speak, as we
pray and we are Home free. I have A Course in Miracles by my bedside.
I have A Course in Miracles at my desk. I have A Course in Miracles
in my briefcase. But most of all, 14 years after I discovered it, I
have A Course in Miracles in my heart. by Elsa Joy Bailey